It’s not quite the “Apple TV” news the world has been waiting for, but current Apple TV owners on Tuesday found themselves with a variety of fresh new content to stream to their televisions via Apple’s set-top box. As 9to5Mac reports, several new apps hit Apple TV as part of an over-the-air (OTA) update on Tuesday, including the Disney Channel and music video giant Vevo. Also included in Apple’s new update are a Weather Channel app, a Smithsonian app and a Disney XD app. As noted by AllThingsD’s Peter Kafka, The Weather Channel’s app provides on-demand content but it will also stream live Weather Channel reports during big storms.
Zach Epstein has worked in and around ICT for more than 15 years, first in marketing and business development with two private telcos, then as a writer and editor covering business news, consumer electronics and telecommunications. Zach’s work has been quoted by countless top news publications in the US and around the world. He was also recently named one of the world's top-10 “power mobile influencers” by Forbes, as well as one of Inc. Magazine's top-30 Internet of Things experts.
- Serious recall issued for 19 delicious desserts – throw them out now
- New stimulus checks over $1,000 are coming – find out if you get one
- Apple Watch Series 7 and SE start at $219 in this Cyber Week blowout
- iPhone trick unlocks a hidden emoji avalanche that is blowing TikTok’s mind
- Divers discovered a horrifying 26-foot sea worm that only comes out at night