Apple (AAPL) has taken a lot of people by surprise — instead of an updated third-generation model, Apple just announced a fourth-generation iPad with updated features like an Apple A6X processor, 720p front-facing FaceTime camera, expanded 4G LTE support for Sprint (S) and other carriers around the world, a Lightning connector, faster Wi-Fi and more. It will start at $499 for the Wi-Fi-only model and $629 for the LTE model, and the new iPad will be available in both black and white like the previous model. In terms of dimensions and other key specs, the fourth-generation model is identical to the prior version.
Jonathan Geller is the founder of Boy Genius Report, now known as BGR, and one of the biggest tech & mobile destinations in the world.
BGR was acquired by leading digital media company PMC in April 2010 and Jonathan is President and Editor-in-chief of BGR Media, LLC. Jonathan was named to Forbes' coveted 30 under 30 list in 2016, and frequently appears as a commentator on news channels such as CNBC, Fox News, ABC News and Bloomberg.
- Supermarkets across the country are facing shortages of 2 crucial grocery items
- Serious recall issued for 19 delicious desserts – throw them out now
- DNA test data breach affects millions of people – see if you’re one of them
- Verizon customers should opt out of its new data tracking program now
- Fourth stimulus check update: Deadline approaching for $1,400 payment