Philips Hue is obviously the biggest name in smart lighting, and Black Friday is a great time to expand your setup because there are always discounts on just about everything Philips Hue makes. That said, if you’re starting from scratch or you want so add smart lighting to a new room and you don’t care if it can connect to your Philips Hue setup, there are MUCH cheaper options out there. Case in point: 4-packs of Gosund WiFi Smart Light Bulbs are on sale right now for only $30.99 if you use the coupon code 97X83ORD at checkout. That’s just $7.75 a piece for bulbs that are just as good as Philips Hue smart LED lights. Actually, these are even better because they don’t even need a hub to work with the app, Alexa, or Google Assistant!
Here’s some additional info from the product page:
- Voice Control works with Alexa Google Home IFTTT. Pair bulbs with app Gosund at first and link up the 2 app together, Alexa and Gosund, enable Gosund skill in Alexa app, discover the bulbs and voice control them.
- 16 Million RGB Color Dimmable. Temperature from 2700k to 3000k soft white or colorful, can be customized brightness saturation countdown also sync with music or even set a preset schedule
- WIFI & No Hub Required. 2.4 GHz wifi frequency band signal only, not with 5 GHz for a better broadcasting range. It is actually quite easy to pair up with the app via wifi
- Away From Home Control. Pair up with app one time and remote control bulbs when you out of house
- Energy Saving Long Lifetime. With E26 base, equivalent to 75W traditional incandescent bulb. Save up 80% energy and last 18 years on a 3 hours daily basis