If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- Many health experts offering coronavirus tips say blood oxygen level is actually a much more accurate early indicator of a novel coronavirus infection than a fever.
- You might not realize that monitoring your blood oxygen levels is quite easy, and all it takes is a tiny affordable device called a pulse oximeter.
- Today, we’ve got two terrific deals to share with you on popular pulse oximeters, with one popular model on sale for just $14.39 and another pulse oximeter with Bluetooth on sale for just $27.49!
Everyone out there really needs to know one important thing about the novel coronavirus: fever isn’t necessarily a symptom of COVID-19. We know what you’re thinking — fever is the one thing that you’ve been told to be on the lookout for as an early sign of COVID-19. Well, it turns out that a fever might not be as common a coronavirus symptom as we all thought. As you’ll read in the article we just linked, some studies have found that fewer than half of patients infected by the novel coronavirus presented a fever. Even Dr. Anthony Fauci has been saying lately that fever simply isn’t a reliable coronavirus symptom.
The good news is that there’s actually a more accurate early indicator of a coronavirus infection. Since the virus attacks the lungs, people with COVID-19 can often tell by checking their blood oxygen saturation. According to the Mayo Clinic, normal blood oxygen readings should be between 95% and 100%. In coronavirus patients, however, healthcare professionals have been reporting patients with readings as low as 50%. The important number to remember is that anything under 90% is considered by the Mayo Clinic to be unhealthy, so that’s when you need to place a call to your doctor and have a discussion.
With that in mind, the only question that remains is a simple one: how can you monitor your blood oxygen level to see if you might have COVID-19? It’s actually easier than you think — and it’s far less expensive than it normally would be thanks to two great sales happening right now on Amazon.
You’ve probably seen a pulse oximeter before even if you’re not familiar with the name. It’s a tiny gadget that clips to your finger and reads your blood oxygen level quickly and painlessly. A high-quality pulse oximeter is typically pretty expensive, but the top-rated Wellue PC-60FW Fingertip Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor with Bluetooth is on sale right now at Amazon. Just use the coupon code 8KZ62Q97 at checkout and you’ll only pay $27.49. This model typically sells for $50, and it has Bluetooth so you can connect to your iPhone or Android device.
Wellue Fingertip Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor with Alarm, Batteries, Carry Bag & Lanyard for… List Price:$49.99 Price:$27.49 You Save:$22.50 (45%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
If you’re looking for something even more affordable, the Wellue FS20C Fingertip Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor has a retail price of $19.99. That means it’s already one of the most affordable options out there, but we’ve got a coupon you can use to slash the price even lower. Check out with the promo code Q95NXNOS between now and August 23rd, and you’ll only pay $14.39! That’s a remarkably low price for something that can catch the novel coronavirus early.
- 1 Smart Plug Gosund Smart WiFi Outlet Works with Alexa and Google Home, 2.4G WiFi Only, No Hub Re…
- 2 DEPSTECH Wireless Endoscope, IP67 Waterproof WiFi Borescope Inspection 2.0 Megapixels HD Snake…
- 3 Instant Pot Accessories Set, 73 PCS Instant Pot Accessories Compatible with 5,6,8Qt - 60 Pcs Pa…
- 4 Apple AirPods Pro
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.