If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission. Learn more.
Last year, a Florida man was arrested and charged with wire fraud after allegedly stealing nearly $1 million worth of cable service. Seriously, you can read the story right here. We would obviously never condone a crime, but we can also sort of empathize since cable companies have been overcharging us for years. Instead of breaking the law though, you should get back at them by picking up a TP-LINK TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 (8×4) Cable Modem on sale on Amazon. Activate it on any cable ISP and return the modem you’re using now, and you’ll save up to $120 a year when your cable company removes the bogus modem rental fee you’re being charged each month.TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 (8x4) Cable Modem. Max Download Speeds Up to 343Mbps. Certified for… Price: Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Here are some additional details from the product page:
- Eliminate your cable modem monthly rental fee and product is easy-to-open packaging
- Certified for XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter, Cablevision and Bright House Networks
- Channel bonding of up to 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels, provide data rates up to 343Mbps for download and 143Mbps for upload
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem provides 8X faster download speed than DOCSIS 2.0 for an ultra-fast performance
- CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 backwards compatible to DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 provides users comprehensive network compatibility
- Included items: RJ-45 Ethernet Cable, Quick Installation Guide, Power Adapter
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 – the latest Internet standard.
Our deals and product reviews are picked by BGR's expert editors and team.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.