We love the Nest Cam, we really do. But as great as the quality is and as sleek as the interface is, $169 is a lot of money to spend on one camera. Actually, the Nest Cam is on sale for $165 on Amazon right now but it retails for $199, which is obviously an even more difficult pill to swallow. If you’ve got the means, the Nest Cam is a great option. If you’d rather get a comparable product for less than one-quarter of the cost of a Nest Cam (and that’s the sale price!), check out the YI Home Camera. People can’t stop raving about it, and we definitely recommend checking it out.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- Records in 720p HD to capture clear images for your records and while using 2-way audio (built-in microphone and speaker). 720P/20FPS,700Kbps; 360P/20FPS,200Kbps.
- 111° wide-angle lens, 940nm infrared non-invasive sensor, 4x digital zoom. Capture the scene in clarity with the wide-angle lens and zoom capabilities. The non-invasive sensor will not disturb your sleeping children.
- Built-in support for 802.11b/g/n 2.4Ghz (5Ghz currently not supported) WIFI band. Reliable Wi-Fi connectivity to access your camera with YI Home App on mobile device, and YI Home App on PC at anytime, anywhere.
- No monthly subscription fees: Secure your videos on a micro SD card, own your video content and access video history anytime. Supports upto 32GB SD micro SD cards with FAT32 format.
- Real-time streaming to your phone & activity alerts when motion is detected. YI Home App allows you to customize your settings according to your preferences: defined activity regions, camera sharing, customize alert schedules, and more.
- Available for iOS and Android.