Cable companies charge so much for internet service, it’s borderline obscene. And of course the biggest problem is the fact that these companies have given politicians so much money over the years that they turn a blind eye to the monopolies they’ve established all over the country. It’s gross and it’s awful for consumers, but it’s not going to change anytime soon. You might not have any choice but to pay the prices your ISP sets, but you can at least do something to cut your bill by up to $10 a month. Pick up a NETGEAR CM400-1AZNAS Cable Modem at a discount on Amazon, activate it with any cable ISP using the instructions in the box, and then return the modem you’re using now to your ISP. Presto, you just saved as much as $120 each year. Be sure to clip the $5 coupon on the Amazon page to save $5.
Here’s more info from the product page:
- Support Cable Internet Service plans up to 100 Mbps. Separate router required for WiFi
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem with 1 Gigabit Ethernet port. DOCSIS 3.0 up to 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- ELIMINTE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES – Up to $120 per year
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink. Not compatible with bundled voice services
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, CableONE & more
- Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.