If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Your cable company has been overcharging you for years for every service it provides. That includes pay TV, home phone service, and of course internet access. Thankfully, there are now other options when it comes to pay TV and home phone — you can always cut the cord and get something like the Ooma Telo for phone service. Sadly, there’s nothing you can do about pricey home internet service. Actually, that’s not entirely true. While there’s no way around the high cost of internet plans, you can save up to $120 a year by purchasing your own cable modem like the TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, which works with every major cable ISP in the country. Buy one, activate it using the instructions in the box, and return your old modem to your cable company so they’ll stop charging you a bogus monthly fee for your modem rental.
Here’s what you need to know from the product page:
- Eliminate your cable modem monthly rental fee and product is easy-to-open packaging
- Certified for XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter, Cablevision and Bright House Networks
- Channel bonding of up to 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels, provide data rates up to 343Mbps for download and 143Mbps for upload
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem provides 8X faster download speed than DOCSIS 2.0 for an ultra-fast performance
- CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 backwards compatible to DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 provides users comprehensive network compatibility
- Included items: RJ-45 Ethernet Cable, Quick Installation Guide, Power Adapter
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 – the latest Internet standard.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.