Every time with think there’s no possible way the Nintendo Switch can get any better, Nintendo goes ahead and makes it even better. First it was the awesome Nintendo Labo kits the company released earlier this year, and soon it’ll be the debut of a brand new online service dedicated solely to Switch players! Nintendo Switch Online will give you access to online play against your friends, cloud game saves, a bunch of NES titles, and more, and it’s going to be WAY cheaper than similar offerings for the PlayStation or Xbox. In fact, starting today you can go ahead and preorder your Nintendo Switch Online membership!
Amazon has two different options for Nintendo Switch Online preorders. You can dip your toes in the pool with a Nintendo Switch Online 3-Month Nintendo Switch Membership, or you can just dive head-first with a Nintendo Switch Online 12-Month Nintendo Switch Membership. We went with the latter because, seriously, you know it’s going to be awesome.
Nintendo Switch Online will launch this coming September, less than two months from now. Here’s some more info from Nintendo’s website:
- Nintendo Switch Online is a paid service that gives members access to online play in compatible games, a selection of NES™ games, extra features for the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app, and more.
- Battle it out or cooperate with players around the world in compatible games like Splatoon™ 2, ARMS™, Mario Kart™ 8 Deluxe, Mario Tennis™ Aces, and Sushi Striker™: The Way of Sushido.
- Enjoy a selection of NES games with added online play for the first time ever as part of your paid Nintendo Switch Online membership.
- Save your data online for easy access. Details about this feature will be available before the paid service launches in September.
- Enhance your online experience for compatible games with the smartphone app.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.