Netgear’s line of Arlo cameras is undoubtedly the best known lineup of battery-powered home security cameras, but there are a bunch of other options out there that people should consider. If price and battery life are among your top considerations, then you absolutely must take a look at the Blink Indoor Home Security Camera System. $99 gets you a starter kit with a hub and a Blink camera with HD video, motion detection, cloud storage and, perhaps best of all, 2-year battery life. That’s a little less than half of what you’ll spend on the newest Arlo camera model, and that doesn’t even include a hub. There are also bundles available with 2 cameras, 3 cameras, or 5 cameras.
Here are some more details from the product page:
- MOTION DETECTOR: Built-in motion sensor alarm, when motion detector is triggered, WIFI cameras send an alert to your smartphone and record a short clip of the event to the cloud
- BATTERY POWERED SECURITY SYSTEM: Wireless home camera with 2-year battery life, powered by 2 AA Lithium batteries (included), data is sent from IP cameras over Wi-Fi
- SMART HOME SECURITY: Simple self-install home monitoring in minutes; easy control wireless cameras with the included iOS & Android apps or via voice through our Amazon Alexa Skill!
- ADVANCED HOME SURVEILLANCE: Home and pet monitoring in real time with video camera “Live View” streaming mode
- FREE CLOUD STORAGE: Totally wire-free, with no monthly fees or service contract required. (Requires iOS 9.3 or Android 4.4 KitKat or higher)
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals from around the web. Quantities may be limited. Prices are subject to change without notice and coupons may expire at any time. Some deals may not be available to all customers. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.