If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Nintendo made a somewhat surprising announcement on Tuesday morning. Despite discontinuing the retro NES Classic Edition console at the height of its popularity earlier this year, the company confirmed today that it will be revived. That’s right, gaming fans, the NES Classic Edition will be relaunched… sometime in 2018. You could wait that long if you want to fight through the virtual crowds to get your hands on one. Or, if you really want one, NES Classic Edition consoles are still in stock right now on Amazon if you’re willing to pay a premium — just make sure you don’t buy it from one of the stores labeled “just launched,” because it’s probably a scam. Oh, and you could also just buy this awesome retro console that plays every NES game ever for just $41, of course.
Here’s what you need to know about the NES Classic Edition from the product page:
- The Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition has the original look and feel, only smaller, sleeker, and pre-loaded with 30 games
- The pre-installed games include: Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, PAC-MAN, Dr. Mario, Mega Man, Final Fantasy, and dozens more
- Includes a standard HDMI cable
- Comes with one old-school, grey-colored NES Classic Controller and an AC adapter
- Also compatible with Classic Controller and Classic Controller Pro. Additional NES Classic Controllers will be sold separately
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.