There are some area where Apple will eventually bend to its customers’ demands, and some areas where the company will never budge. Last year, the company finally doubled the storage on the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus so that they entry-level models include 32GB instead of 16GB. The mid-tier iPhones now pack 128GB of storage each, and the high-end iPhone 7 and 7 Plus include 256GB memory modules. Of course, you can never have enough storage on your smartphone and thanks to things like 4K video recording, even 256GB of space can be gone in a flash.
Apple will never, ever budge when it comes to the lack of microSD support on the iPhone, but there are still ways around the iPhone’s lack of expandable memory. In this post, we’ll cover two such workarounds: The Lexar microSD To Lightning Reader and the SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive.
Lexar microSD To Lightning Reader
- Easily offload and transfer content to or from your iPhone or iPad with a micro SD card
- Great for anyone capturing photos or video with a sports camcorder or aerial camera
- Small, portable design with a Lightning connector
- Works with use of free file management app (App Store)
- Automatically and securely sync files
And of course, you’ll need a nice big microSD card to go with it. Here are a few solid options:
SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive
- The flash drive for your iPhone and iPad
- Quickly free up space on your iPhone
- Automatically back up photos and videos when connected
- Watch popular-format videos directly from the drive (.WMV, .AVI, .MKV, .MP4, .MOV)
- Designed with a flexible connector to fit through most iPhone cases
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.