Amazon needed a win after its Fire phone quickly became a massive flop, and it found that much-needed win in the Amazon Echo. Wireless speakers were nothing new at the time, but the Echo wasn’t your typical speaker. Instead of just playing music, the Amazon Echo was a vehicle through which Amazon’s great new personal assistant Alexa could be delivered to the home.
There are now several speakers that carry Alexa, but the Echo is still the best. And right now on Amazon, you’ve got a rare opportunity to save some money on a Certified Refurbished Amazon Echo.
Some key details:
- A Certified Refurbished Amazon Echo is refurbished, tested, and certified to look and work like new
- Plays all your music from Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more using just your voice
- Fills the room with immersive, 360º omni-directional audio
- Allows hands-free convenience with voice-control
- Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
- Answers questions, reads audiobooks and the news, reports traffic and weather, gives info on local businesses, provides sports scores and schedules, and more with Alexa, a cloud-based voice service
- Controls lights, switches, and thermostats with compatible WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Insteon, and ecobee smart home devices
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, and more
The Echo speaker costs $180 new, but you can snag a refurb right now for $30 off.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.