Samsung set the bar very high for rival Android phone makers this year with the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge. In fact, other than the usual complaints about Samsung’s implementation of Android, it’s been very hard to find any glaring flaws in the new devices.
All the same, this doesn’t mean Samsung has nothing to learn from over smartphone vendors, as you’ll see in a new video produced by Android aficionado Jeff Springer where he lists five things the LG G5 does better than Samsung’s new flagship phones.
Here are the five main things that Springer likes better about the G5:
- The always-on display does a better job because it displays notifications icons right under its clock, whereas the Galaxy S7 just displays the date and time.
- Its removable battery is a big plus, as is Quick Charge 3.0.
- The fingerprint scanner is “incredibly fast” and better than both the Nexus 6P and the S7 edge.
- It has a better front-facing camera and a terrific wide-angle rear-facing camera as well.
- It has an IR Blaster, which is something Samsung didn’t include with the Galaxy S7
Check out Springer’s full impressions in the video below.