HTC promises change after admitting its bulky LTE phones have been weak so far

HTC on Monday reported that the company’s fourth quarter earnings missed analysts’ estimates. While speaking on the vendor’s earnings call, HTC’s chief financial officer said that the manufacturer “dropped the ball” with its 2011 devices, SlashGear reports. Winston Yung admitted that the company’s LTE handsets were too thick, offered insufficient battery life and that there was plenty of work to be done to improve both “design and components.” Products launched in the fourth quarter “are not selling as we expected,” Yung said. New phones are on the way, however, and HTC’s next-generation smartphones are expected to be revealed later this month. BGR exclusively reported this past November that HTC will unveil the Ville at Mobile World Congress along side the company’s quad-core flagship HTC Edge.

Read

blog comments powered by Disqus