Sprint announced Thursday that it is releasing the Android 3.2.1 (Honeycomb) update for irs HTC EVO View 4G tablet. The slate originally launched running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), an operating system designed for smartphones. The update includes a new “virtual and holographic user interface,” as well as the following changes:
- Physical Hard keys replaced with on screen Soft keys
- New Google search, available on every page
- System Bar: Quick access to notifications, status, and soft navigation buttons available at the bottom of the screen
- Notifications menu moved to the bottom right corner of the screen, on the System Bar.
- The Action Barâ€”which can be accessed by touching the Plus Sign icon at the top right of the screenâ€”is the key to contextual, changing menus that are controlled by each application.
- Enhanced security including Sprint Data Link and 3LM
Sprint said that it fixed Google video chat on the tablet and that Bluetooth should now work while the EVO View 4G is in airplane mode. The carrier also warned that “due to the unique structure of the Honeycomb layout, your personalized widgets and screen setup will not remain after the upgrade. The device will revert to the out-of-box home screen layout. Wallpapers, widgets, and application shortcuts that have been personalized will need to be re-established.”