It’s been rumored that Apple has been spending billions in cash on a strategic displays investment, but other manufacturers and component suppliers aren’t standing still, either. Hitatchi Displays has just announced that they have a 4.5-inch IPS LCD display lined up for production in October. The new display’s resolution? 1280 x 720 which, in a 4.5-inch screen, equals a whopping 329dpi density. It’s LED backlit and features a 1,100:1 contrast ratio. Oh. boy.
Jonathan Geller is the founder of Boy Genius Report, now known as BGR, and one of the biggest tech & mobile destinations in the world.
BGR was acquired by leading digital media company PMC in April 2010 and Jonathan is President and Editor-in-chief of BGR Media, LLC. Jonathan was named to Forbes' coveted 30 under 30 list in 2016, and frequently appears as a commentator on news channels such as CNBC, Fox News, ABC News and Bloomberg.
- Scary probiotics recall: If you have this supplement, throw it out now
- Actual 3D-printed steaks are now being served in restaurants – here’s where
- Security holes discovered in 9 popular routers – is yours on the list?
- 20 crazy Amazon Black Friday deals that somehow just came back
- Spider-Man: No Way Home soundtrack might confirm the biggest leak