It’s been rumored that Apple has been spending billions in cash on a strategic displays investment, but other manufacturers and component suppliers aren’t standing still, either. Hitatchi Displays has just announced that they have a 4.5-inch IPS LCD display lined up for production in October. The new display’s resolution? 1280 x 720 which, in a 4.5-inch screen, equals a whopping 329dpi density. It’s LED backlit and features a 1,100:1 contrast ratio. Oh. boy.
Jonathan Geller is the founder of Boy Genius Report, now known as BGR, and one of the biggest tech & mobile destinations in the world.
BGR was acquired by leading digital media company PMC in April 2010 and Jonathan is President and Editor-in-chief of BGR Media, LLC. Jonathan was named to Forbes' coveted 30 under 30 list in 2016, and frequently appears as a commentator on news channels such as CNBC, Fox News, ABC News and Bloomberg.
- USDA issues urgent meat recall, so throw it away if you have any
- Let’s go, Brandon: The backstory of this Joe Biden meme that’s all over the Internet
- This twisted new Netflix original finally ended Squid Game’s run at #1
- An extra stimulus check payment is coming from an unexpected place
- FDA blood pressure medicine recall: Call your doctor if you take these meds