A good component supplier is hard to find. Korean website ETNews reports that Apple has decided to ditch AU Optronics as a component supplier for its second-generation iPad mini and may instead turn back to Samsung as an alternative. An unnamed source tells ETNews that Samsung has already “developed an LCD sample for iPad mini 2” so the two companies have at the very least been in talks about a new component supply deal. A move back to Samsung would make some sense for Apple since earlier reports indicated that the two companies’ intellectual property feuds were to blame for the supply shortages of the original iPad mini.
- Marvel just brought Iron Man back to the MCU, and we nearly missed it
- Best Netflix original movies of 2021
- Best camera drone under $100 gets a rare extra discount at Amazon
- The next stimulus check wave is coming next week – here’s who’s getting paid
- You’re getting a new $600 stimulus check next month if you live in this one state