You know how we reported on FaceTime probably linking up with emails instead of just phone numbers? It looks like it’s coming true, and possibly as soon as this month or next with Apple’s next iPod-focused event. There is a new option to initiate FaceTime calls from email addresses in the latest iPhone 4.1 beta 3. There’s a shot of the button above basically showing how simple this would be, in theory. No idea how Apple will plan to address multiple devices with the same email address, but we’re sure they’ll figure something out.
Jonathan Geller is the founder of Boy Genius Report, now known as BGR, and one of the biggest tech & mobile destinations in the world.
BGR was acquired by leading digital media company PMC in April 2010 and Jonathan is President and Editor-in-chief of BGR Media, LLC. Jonathan was named to Forbes' coveted 30 under 30 list in 2016, and frequently appears as a commentator on news channels such as CNBC, Fox News, ABC News and Bloomberg.
- Fourth stimulus check: New payments come in 2 weeks for people in this state
- This nerve-shredding Netflix horror movie is finding new life ahead of Halloween
- Stimulus check update: Do this by tomorrow or you’ll miss a $1,100 payment
- Popular Nestle snacks were just recalled, so throw them out now
- ‘Let’s go Brandon’ – #1 hip-hop song on iTunes inspired by Joe Biden meme