You know how we reported on FaceTime probably linking up with emails instead of just phone numbers? It looks like it’s coming true, and possibly as soon as this month or next with Apple’s next iPod-focused event. There is a new option to initiate FaceTime calls from email addresses in the latest iPhone 4.1 beta 3. There’s a shot of the button above basically showing how simple this would be, in theory. No idea how Apple will plan to address multiple devices with the same email address, but we’re sure they’ll figure something out.
Jonathan Geller is the founder of Boy Genius Report, now known as BGR, and one of the biggest tech & mobile destinations in the world.
BGR was acquired by leading digital media company PMC in April 2010 and Jonathan is President and Editor-in-chief of BGR Media, LLC. Jonathan was named to Forbes' coveted 30 under 30 list in 2016, and frequently appears as a commentator on news channels such as CNBC, Fox News, ABC News and Bloomberg.
- Scary probiotics recall: If you have this supplement, throw it out now
- Actual 3D-printed steaks are now being served in restaurants – here’s where
- 20 crazy Amazon Black Friday deals that somehow just came back
- Security holes discovered in 9 popular routers – is yours on the list?
- Spider-Man: No Way Home soundtrack might confirm the biggest leak