Alexa, save me some money on the Amazon Echo.
Amazon’s smart home hub the Amazon Echo made a splash when it launched earlier this year, and it was almost impossible to buy at first because of the rush of people who wanted one. This voice controlled device answers questions and controls connected devices around your home thanks to Alexa, which is Amazon’s take on Siri-like technology.
All these awesome features come at a price though, and $180 is steep for some shoppers. Well, forget about Black Friday for a moment because Amazon is running the sale you’ve been waiting for right now.
On Wednesday, for one day only, Amazon is slashing $30 off the price of its popular Amazon Echo device. That brings the price down to just $149.99 with free express shipping for Prime users and free standard shipping for anyone else. If you’re on the hunt for a gift for a friend, family or even yourself, this is about as good as it gets.
Here are some key details from Amazon’s product page:
- Information, music, audiobooks, news, weather, traffic, sports, and more–instantly
- Controlled by your voice for hands-free convenience
- Far-field voice recognition hears you from across the room
- Connected to the cloud so it’s always getting smarter
- 360º omni-directional audio to fill the room with immersive sound
- Compatible with select Belkin WeMo, Philips Hue, SmartThings, Insteon, and Wink connected devices to control lights and switches with your voice
- Plays music from Amazon Music, Prime Music, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more
Amazon Echo, $149.99 with free Prime shipping (11/11 only)
BONUS DEAL: Get a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD drive for $74.99 with free shipping