Last month, Warner Bros. Discovery made the shocking decision to pull several notable TV shows from the HBO Max streaming service. It was initially unclear when (or if) they would return, but this week, the media conglomerate announced that it has signed deals with the free, ad-supported TV (FAST) networks Tubi and The Roku Channel. As a result, both will soon add Warner Bros. FAST channels which will feature shows such as Westworld and The Nevers.
Canceled HBO Max shows hit Roku and Tubi
In a press release, Roku revealed that its deal will bring “about 2000 hours of on-demand library programming” to The Roku Channel. That Warner programming will come from HBO, HBO Max, Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television, and more, and all of it will be available to stream for free.
“As FAST continues to explode in popularity amongst cord-cutters, we’re seeing content players increasingly shift their focus towards capturing this audience, by bringing some of their best stuff to FAST,” said Rob Holmes, VP of programming at Roku. “The rapid expansion of premium content on FAST is a win for both the viewer and content owner, as well as advertisers looking to reach these audiences through well-known programming. We’re delighted to be one of Warner Bros. Discovery’s inaugural FAST partners, and we look forward to introducing its incredible TV series, films, and entertainment brands to a whole new audience on The Roku Channel.”
Tubi was more specific, confirming that it will add 225 AVOD titles from WBD and 14 WB-branded channels. Every season of Westworld, Raised by Wolves, Legendary, FBoy Island, The Nevers, Finding Magic Mike, Head of the Class, and The Time Traveler’s Wife will be available.
[UPDATE 2/1/23: Warner Bros. provided new names and descriptions for the FAST channels.]
Here’s a full list of the 14 new Warner Bros. FAST channels coming soon (via Variety):
- WB TV Watchlist – a collection of premium television series including “Westworld,” “Raised by Wolves,” “The Nevers,” and “Time Traveler’s Wife,” “Babylon 5, “Third Watch,” “La Femme Nikita” among others
- WB TV Keeping It Real – a collection of the best reality shows including “FBoy Island,” “The Bachelor,” “The Bachelorette,” “Bachelor in Paradise,” and “Finding Magic Mike,” among others
- WB TV All Together – a collection of family-friendly series with stories that feel like home and characters who feel like family including “Eight is Enough,” “Better With You,” and “Head of the Class,” among others
- WB TV Sweet Escapes – cake competitions, baking and beyond for the ultimate sweet escape with shows including “Cake Boss,” “Extreme Cake Makers,” and “Cake Wars”
- WB TV Paws & Claws – Paws, claws and maybe some jaws. Get your furry fix with a wild collection of shows featuring your favorite pets including “Dogs 101” and “My Cat from Hell”
- WB TV Slice of Life – Discover the unique lives of people from all corners of the world with shows including “Extreme Couponing,” “Breaking Amish,” and “My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding”
- WB TV Welcome Home – Where home owning dreams come true with the best of real estate and interior design with shows including “Caribbean Life,” “Buying Hawaii,” and “Bahamas Life”
- WB TV At the Movies – Grab your popcorn and settle in for the perfect mix of classic films from the ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s
- WB TV How To – Find the answers to some of the world’s most interesting questions with these curiosity-inspiring series including “How It’s Made,” “How to Build Everything,” and “How the Earth Works”
- WB TV Supernatural – Real-life stories of ghosts, goblins and other out-of-this-world entities with shows including “Ghost Brothers,” “Paranormal Lockdown,” and “Ghost Asylum”
- WB TV Crime Series – Shocking crime scenes, unsolved cases, intense investigations and more with shows including “Murder Chose Me,” “A Crime to Remember,” and “Murder Comes to Town”
- WB TV Mysteries – Untold stories of unexplained, unsolved and unknown mysteries from around the world including shows like “Mysteries at the Museum,” “Mysteries at the Monument,” and “Off Limits”
- WB TV Love & Marriage – Say “I do” to all the best wedding stories waiting for you at the end of the aisle with shows including “Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta,” “Four Weddings,” and “A Wedding Story”
- WB TV Family Rules – From unconventional couples to unbelievable stories, enjoy these series about real-life families including “Long Lost Family,” “The Little Couple,” and “My Five Wives”
Tubi says the first Warner Bros. content will begin arriving on its FAST network as soon as this Wednesday, February 1, with more set to arrive in the future. Meanwhile, Roku says that the WB FAST channels will hit The Roku Channel in spring 2023.