Apple TV Plus shows and movies this fall
With the streamer set to close out its second full year in operation in just a few months, on the heels of some buzzy new releases this year like Ted Lasso Season 2 and the feature film CODA, the
All that said, let’s take a closer look at what’s coming this fall to
— Apple TV (@AppleTV) September 14, 2021
Shows, descriptions and dates
- The Morning Show — Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon are both returning to lead the second season of this Emmy Award-winning series. It will premiere this Friday, September 17.
- Foundation — This TV series marks the first on-screen adaptation of the classic sci-fi series of novels from Isaac Asimov. The first two episodes premiere on September 24.
- The Problem with Jon Stewart — The former host of The Daily Show is returning to TV with an all-new current affairs series. It will also have a companion podcast, and the TV show premieres on September 30.
- The Velvet Underground — Director Todd Haynes’ new documentary about the band with a cult following debuts on October 15.
- Invasion — This ambitious series, from Academy Award-nominated producer Simon Kinberg and David Weil, will follow an alien invasion from different perspectives globally. It premieres on October 22.
More to come
- Swagger — This is a new drama series based on NBA superstar Kevin Durant’s experiences. The series makes its global debut on October 29.
- Finch — Following the release of the WWII-themed movie Greyhound on
Apple TVPlus, this sci-fi film marks Tom Hanks’ second feature available on the streamer. It’s about the bond between a man, a robot, and his dog, following a cataclysmic world event. And it premieres on November 5.
- Dickinson — The third and final season of this series that re-imagines the life of iconic poet Emily Dickinson once again stars Hailee Steinfeld. It debuts on November 5.
- The Shrink Next Door — This dark comedy series stars and is executive produced by Will Ferrell and Paul Rudd. It launches on November 12.
- Swan Song — This Apple Original Film starring and produced by Mahershala Ali will tell the futuristic story of a husband and father who gets a risky chance to survive an illness. It will debut in theaters and globally on
Apple TV+ on December 17.