If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
The Nest Cam IQ’s nifty facial recognition feature is fantastic. It knows if people in your home are familiar or not and it can respond accordingly. It’s great indeed, but is it really worth $300? Definitely not, considering you can get the same kind of features from the Tend Insights Lynx Indoor 2 Indoor WiFi Security Camera at a small fraction of the price. In fact, since it’s on sale right now on Amazon for just $50, you can get six Lynx 2 cameras for the price of a single Nest Cam IQ!Tend Insights Lynx Indoor 2 - Indoor WiFi Security Camera with Easy Bluetooth Setup, Two Way Au… Price:$218.01 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Here’s what you need to know from the product page:
- Easy setup – quick and easy Bluetooth setup within minutes to begin secure monitoring
- Facial recognition – intelligent facial recognition software lets you choose who your camera recognizes, get a check-in notification with familiar faces
- Network Connectivity – stronger network Connectivity to ensure Ease of use for all family members
- Free cloud storage – backup and review videos with our cloud storage, included with your purchase. It’s free, so you can always see what’s happened for the previous 7 days
- Motion detection & instant alerts – get immediate notifications on your mobile device for events triggered by motion detection
- Built-in support for 802.11b/g/n 2.4Ghz Wifi band (5Ghz currently not supported, please confirm that your router supports 2.4Ghz Wifi Band). Access your camera with the Tend Secure App on your mobile device anytime, anywhere
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.