The Nest Learning Thermostat is obviously the most popular and well-known smart thermostat out there right now, but it’s hardly the only option. In fact, there are some rival models that cost much less and still manage to offer nifty features you won’t find on the Nest. One such example is the Emerson Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Thermostat, which is available right now at a discount on Amazon. It packs all the features you would normally want and even has Alexa support, but it also features a nice big touchscreen, which is something you won’t find on any Nest.
Here are the bullet points from the product page:
- Named the ‘Best Overall’ smart thermostat of 2018 by USA Today’s Reviewed.com.
- SAVE ABOUT 23% ON HVAC ENERGY*: The ENERGY STAR certified Sensi thermostat helps you save on your HVAC energy costs, with features like geofencing, 7-day flexible scheduling, remote access and energy usage reports.
- GET REBATES: Find utility rebates in your area through the rebate finder at sensi.emerson.com/rebates
- MOST INSTALL IN 30 MINUTES OR LESS**: Use the built-in level, illuminated easy click terminals and step-by-step in-app instructions for quick DIY installation
- EXTENSIVE COMPATIBILITY***: Works with the HVAC equipment found in most homes – ALL system types require a common wire (c-wire). To check system and router compatibility, refer to our online compatibility resources at sensi.emerson.com/compatibility
- SMART HOME COMPATIBLE: Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit and Wink smart home platforms. CONTROL FROM ANYWHERE: Remotely control your home comfort from your smartphone or tablet using the free mobile Sensi app for Android and iOS devices.
- HD TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY and ENHANCED FEATURES: Features HD touchscreen color display with backglow; and smart alerts to detect extreme temperature and humidity levels in your home.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.