The Nest Cam was a great device when it first came out, but the rest of the market has moved on while the Nest Cam has remained idle. It doesn’t offer any innovative features, and yet it still commands a sky high $200 price. Meanwhile devices like the Wyze Cam Pan 1080p Pan/Tilt/Zoom Wi-Fi Indoor Smart Home Camera offer much better features at a fraction of the cost. It supports 1080p video, night visions, two-way audio, and other basic features that you’ll find on the Nest Cam, but it also has features like panning, zoom, Alexa support, and even automatic motion tracking.
Here are the highlights from the product page:
- NOTE: Works with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks (does not support 5GHz Wi-Fi)
- Works with Alexa: Ask Alexa to show your front door, kid’s room, or anywhere else you have your Wyze Cam Pan
- 110 Degree/sec rotation speed, 360 Degree horizontal range, 93 Degree vertical range for 360 Degree coverage in under 3 sec. Pan Scan feature automatically scans your room based on up to 4 waypoints
- 1080P full HD video and night vision that uses 6 IR LEDs and distinguishes 18 steps of gray to provide clear images up to 30 feet away. Works with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks (does not support 5GHz Wi-Fi)
- Motion & sound detection with alert notifications sent to your phone with free rolling 14-Day cloud storage of alert videos, 2-way audio, microSD card slot for continuous recording and time lapse
- Motion tracking feature detects, Tags, and follows motion within the camera’s field of view, as long as motion continues
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
To learn more about our sponsored deals and sponsored posts opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.