Alexa is one of the best things that has happened to the smart home market in the past few years. Thanks to Amazon’s strategy of giving third-party companies free access to Alexa, it’s now the voice assistant with the widest compatibility in the world. But what about all the older devices you have around the house that aren’t compatible with Alexa, like lamps and fans? Check out the Kasa Smart Plug Outlet by TP-Link, which is discounted right now on Amazon. Plug it into any outlet and you can control your old gadgets with your voice!
Here are the highlights from the product page:
- CONTROL FROM ANYWHERE – Turn electronics on or off from anywhere with your smartphone using the Kasa app (Compatible w/ Android & iOS)
- VOICE CONTROL – Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Microsoft Cortana supported devices for a hands-free experience
- COMPACT DESIGN – Won’t block the other wall outlet allowing two Smart Plugs to be installed side-by-side.
- KASA SCENES & SCHEDULES – Schedule the Smart Plug to automatically switch on and off when away or set a Scene for controlling many devices with a single button
- NOTE: Requires a secured 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network connection.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals from around the web. Quantities may be limited. Prices are subject to change without notice and coupons may expire at any time. Some deals may not be available to all customers. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.