If there’s one thing cable companies love more than anything else in the world, it’s charging bogus fees to their subscribers. Seriously, take a look at your cable bill one day and look at all of the ridiculous fees that shouldn’t be there. Since cable companies have spent so much money bribing — sorry, we mean lobbying — government officials, there’s nothing you can do about most of the bogus fees on your bill. There is one fee that can be eliminated though, and it’ll save you up to $120 a year. Just pick up a Netgear CM400-1AZNAS Cable Modem on Amazon and activate it using the simple instructions in the box. Then once you return the modem you got from your cable company, you won’t have to pay the monthly $8-10 modem rental fee anymore!
Here’s more info from the product page:
- Support Cable Internet Service plans up to 100 Mbps. Separate router required for WiFi
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem with 1 Gigabit Ethernet port. DOCSIS 3.0 up to 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- ELIMINTE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES – Up to $120 per year
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink. Not compatible with bundled voice services
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, CableONE & more
- Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.