According to an inside source, it looks like Verizon Wireless will be offering contract-free services as of September 21. Much like T-Mobile’s FlexPay, the option will be available to those who pay full, unsubsidized prices for phones or for folks who want to bring in their own devices. This will give the option of upgrading and switching devices without having to make contract modifications or extensions.
Here is a list of details about the upcoming offer:
- Available to Consumer, Corporate Liable, and Employee Liable customers (excludes Federal Government customers)
- Any current voice &/or data calling plan and equipment available
- Customer credit checks apply.
- Device Initiation Fee and/or Activation Fee must be charged (no exceptions)
- MTM customers are eligible to accept any applicable promotional offering but must agree with the contract term associated with the offer (i.e. they will no longer be a MTM customer)
- Customers are not eligible for equipment discounts if they do not agree to a one or two-year minimum term
- Corporate and employee liable customers are eligible to receive accessory discounts on month to month agreements
- MTM customers can terminate their service at any time (effective on their next bill cycle date) without incurring an early termination fee
- New Customers: Use Month to Month as the contract term
- Existing Customers: Use Upgrade Reason Code UN only
Anyone here gonna jump on this contract-free deal? Feel free to chime in!