Last week, developer Niantic announced two major additions that would soon be coming to Pokemon Go. The first was a catch bonus that would be granted to players whenever they earned medals for catching enough Pokemon of a certain type. The second was an enhancement to the gym training experience.
On Monday night, Niantic revealed that the app is in the process of being updated.
Here are the full release notes for the update, which should roll out this week:
- Catch Bonus: Trainers can earn a catch bonus for a Pokémon type as they catch more of a specific type.
- Updated Gym Training: Trainers can now bring six Pokémon to battle at friendly Gyms. The CP of the Pokémon you are battling may be temporarily adjusted lower for your training session.
- Egg & Incubator Screens: These will periodically update the distance walked without the Trainer needing to close and reopen the screen.
- Fixed several audio issues.
- Decreased the evolution animation time.
- Minor fixes
We already knew about the catch bonus and the gym training, but the updates to the egg and incubation screens, as well as the decreased evolution animation time, are welcome surprises. This update serves as a healthy mix of both new features and quality of life improvements for the app.
The update isn’t available for all devices yet, but if you’re on Android and want the update ASAP, you can download the APK from APKMirror and update manually.