Softbank (SFTBY) CEO Masayoshi Son may hail from Japan, but he’s already showing a cowboy-like swagger that will help him fit right in here in America. Per CNBC’s Jim Cramer, Son said that one of the reasons why his company bought up Sprint (S) for $20 billion was that “I am a man, and every man wants to be number one, not number two or number three.” Softbank on Monday formally announced that it will pay just north of $20 billion to acquire a 70% stake in Sprint, which has long been languishing as the third-largest wireless carrier in the United States.
- FDA blood pressure medicine recall: Stop taking these pills now
- This twisted new Netflix original finally ended Squid Game’s run at #1
- Let’s go, Brandon: The backstory of this Joe Biden meme that’s all over the Internet
- Tom Holland is finally talking about the big ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ spoiler
- AirPods 3 price, release date, and features announced