Following a report suggesting Samsung became the sole supplier of Retina Displays for the new iPad after panels from LG Display and Sharp failed to meet Apple’s quality standards, a new report claims this is not the case. Reuters on Wednesday reported that LG Display is indeed supplying Retina panels for the new Apple tablet. “LG is also in a panel supply deal with Samsung for the new iPad,” the site’s anonymous source is quoted as having said. Reuters did not address whether or not Sharp might also be supplying display panels for the new iPad, which goes on sale at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, March 16th.
Zach Epstein has worked in and around ICT for more than 15 years, first in marketing and business development with two private telcos, then as a writer and editor covering business news, consumer electronics and telecommunications. Zach’s work has been quoted by countless top news publications in the US and around the world. He was also recently named one of the world's top-10 “power mobile influencers” by Forbes, as well as one of Inc. Magazine's top-30 Internet of Things experts.
- Rat infestation forces company to recall all the food it makes – check your fridge now
- 5 Amazon home decor finds under $25 that have shoppers obsessed
- Netflix movies, shows, & series: New releases for the week of January 16th
- This Doctor Strange 2 cameo will be Marvel fans’ dream come true
- 6 iPhone settings you should change right away