Bloomberg is reporting that RIM’s Co-CEO, Jim Balsillie, indicated his company’s Playbook tablet would be available in North American markets in Q1 of 2011 for under $500. The $500 price point is notable for the industry as it is where Apple’s 16GB Wi-Fi iPad currently sits. The report also noted that “RIM may sell the Playbook through retail stores of Target Corp. and Best Buy Co.” and that the device would be available globally in Q2 of 2011. There you have it, a sub-$500, BlackBerry tablet waiting in the wings. Who’s excited?
- Thieves can use AirTags to track and steal your car from your driveway
- Actual 3D-printed steaks are now being served in restaurants – here’s where
- Scientists found a bizarre underwater world and the video is mesmerizing
- Serious recall issued for 19 delicious desserts – throw them out now
- New frozen veggie recall issued because people are breaking their teeth – see if you have any
December 5th, 2021