Shares of Apple stock briefly jumped above $600 shortly before the market opened on Thursday as investors anticipate the launch of the new iPad. Apple’s iPad, which is already available from at least one retailer in Australia, launches in preliminary markets at 8:00 a.m. local time from Apple’s retail stores. The tablet features a new high-resolution 2,048 x 1,536-pixel Retina Display, a faster dual-core Apple A5X processor, an upgraded 5-megapixel camera and an option for integrated 4G LTE connectivity. Shares of Apple stock had dipped back below $600 at the time of this writing.
Zach Epstein has worked in and around ICT for more than 15 years, first in marketing and business development with two private telcos, then as a writer and editor covering business news, consumer electronics and telecommunications. Zach’s work has been quoted by countless top news publications in the US and around the world. He was also recently named one of the world's top-10 “power mobile influencers” by Forbes, as well as one of Inc. Magazine's top-30 Internet of Things experts.
- Critical recall: Top COVID-19 drug recalled for the first time, read this now
- Urgent meat recall: 234,000 pounds were sold so check your fridge now
- Fourth stimulus check is coming for Christmas – find out if you get one
- 3 new Netflix series with 100% Rotten Tomatoes scores have viewers flipping out
- This action-packed sci-fi movie on Netflix has everyone glued to their screens