Apple on Wednesday unveiled its new 1GHz A5 processor. It improves upon the A4, which can be found in Apple’s iPhone 4 and first-generation iPad. The A5 features a dual-core architecture that delivers CPU performance up to two times faster than the A4 and graphics performance up to nine times faster. The new A5 features the same low power consumption characteristics that helped make the A4 great, and it will be the first dual-core processor to ship in a tablet volume.
Zach Epstein has worked in and around ICT for more than 15 years, first in marketing and business development with two private telcos, then as a writer and editor covering business news, consumer electronics and telecommunications. Zach’s work has been quoted by countless top news publications in the US and around the world. He was also recently named one of the world's top-10 “power mobile influencers” by Forbes, as well as one of Inc. Magazine's top-30 Internet of Things experts.
- Teaser says Marvel’s Avengers may soon fight a terrifying new threat
- I’m obsessed with a $20 Amazon smart home device you’ve never heard of
- Monday’s deal roundup: Luxurious $22 bed sheets, $29 Fire TV Stick 4K, $10 spring-loaded tactical knife, $31 Wyze Cam v3, more
- Apple officially rolls out iOS 15 ahead of the iPhone 13 release
- Top Apple insider leaks first iPhone 15 details and foldable iPhone release timing