The first Android phone came out more than a year after Apple launched the first iPhone but Google’s mobile platform has arguably had an even bigger impact on the world than Apple’s iOS. For evidence, look to a chart posted over at Technology Review that uses data crunched by Asymco’s Horace Dediu to show that Android has seen unprecedented adoption ever since the T-Mobile G1 first launched back in 2008. With 1 billion activations in just five years, Android has been adopted by more people at a faster rate than any other technology in recent history, including iOS, Facebook or Symbian. Technology Review’s chart follows below.
- Rat infestation forces company to recall all the food it makes – check your fridge now
- 5 Amazon home decor finds under $25 that have shoppers obsessed
- Netflix movies, shows, & series: New releases for the week of January 16th
- No fourth stimulus check, but you can still get a child tax credit – read this update now
- Doctor Strange 2’s biggest surprise cameo might have leaked
January 16th, 2022