2015 was a very busy year for video games. Both the PS4 and the Xbox One seemed to find their footing, while the Wii U managed to keep its head above water and the PC continued to chug along as it does every year.
But now 2015 is over, and whether you’re ready or not, hundreds of new games are coming down the pike in 2016. This week, Microsoft is celebrating that fact by reminding us of all the exclusive games launching on Xbox One in 2016.
The publisher took to the Xbox Wire on Monday to both highlight its games lineup for the coming year as well as share a list of accomplishments in 2015. Believe it or not, Microsoft added over 200 new features to the Xbox One last year, including the most requested feature from users — backward compatibility.
Microsoft also saw record sales, record global engagement and released over 350 games on its new-gen console.
Looking ahead, the company wants 2016 to be even bigger than 2015 (of course), and in order to do so, the Xbox One will be home to plenty of exclusive first-party and third-party games. Here are the ones we know about so far (with a few Windows 10 titles mixed up in there as well):
- Gears of War 4 (Xbox One) – Multiplayer Beta in Spring 2016/Launch in Fall 2016
- Quantum Break (Xbox One) – April 5, 2016
- Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One & Windows 10) – Fall 2016
- Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) – Multiplayer in Summer 2016
- Fable Legends Open Beta (Xbox One & Windows 10) – Spring 2016
- ReCore (Xbox One & Windows 10) – 2016
- Sea of Thieves (Xbox One & Windows 10) – 2016
- Gigantic (Xbox One & Windows 10) – 2016
- Killer Instinct: Season 3 (Xbox One & Windows 10) – March 2016
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Windows 10) – Spring 2016
- Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (Xbox One & Windows 10) – Spring 2016
- Cobalt (Xbox One, Xbox 360 & Steam) – Feb. 2, 2016
All of these games have been revealed previously, but it’s nice to see a few firm (and loose) release dates (and windows) attached to each and every one of them. With PAX East and E3 2016 kicking off in the coming months, we should begin to learn even more about these exclusive titles very soon.