One of the most annoying things that people do on Facebook is to send you invitations to play Candy Crush Saga, Farmville, and all sorts of other crappy games that you will never, ever play. Thankfully, there’s a way to block these unwanted invitations from ever reaching you, as a new video posted by Business Insider demonstrates.
Here’s what you have to do:
- Go to Facebook’s website on a mobile browser such as Chrome or Safari. Once there, open up the hamburger menu in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Scroll down to Account Settings and click on it.
- Once in there, scroll down to the menu for Apps.
- Once inside Apps, click on Platform.
- There you’ll see an option to getting Notifications for Game Invites. The default setting is to Yes, but you should change it to No.
Interestingly, it does seem like you have to use a mobile browser to pull this off — we tried doing it in the desktop version of Chrome and we didn’t have the same granular options that you get on the mobile website. Instead, it only gave us the option to turn Platform off completely. Business Insider says that this trick does work on both the iOS and Android Facebook apps, however.