It hadn’t even been 24 hours since Apple released iOS 5.1, and the hacking community has already let loose the first tethered jailbreaking tool for the updated OS. According to Redmond Pie, the iPhone Dev Team has updated Redsn0w to allow users to jailbreak their iOS 5.1 devices. The jailbreak is tethered, however, so users will be required to connect their devices to a computer each time they are powered on. The exploit works for all devices running iOS 5.1 with the exception of the iPhone 4S and iPad 2.
- The iPhone trick in this viral TikTok is being called ‘life-changing’
- Could Loki be responsible for the most amazing scene in ‘Endgame’?
- This mind-bending new Netflix original series is your next obsession
- Windows 10 has a hidden ransomware protection feature – here’s how to use it
- I’m obsessed with this Amazon gadget you’ve never heard of – and it’s only $15 for Prime Day!