Another day, another huge PlayStation 4 sales milestone on the books. Sony has a serious hit on its hands in the early days of this console generation, with the PS4 having recently topped the 5.3 million unit mark as of mid-February. Adding on to that tally is the 322,083 consoles Sony reportedly sold in Japan in just two days following the PlayStation 4’s hotly anticipated launch this past weekend. Japanese gaming site Famitsu reported the astonishing figure, and noted that the tally is almost four times as many consoles as the PlayStation 3 sold during its opening weekend in Japan seven years ago.
Zach Epstein has worked in and around ICT for more than 15 years, first in marketing and business development with two private telcos, then as a writer and editor covering business news, consumer electronics and telecommunications. Zach’s work has been quoted by countless top news publications in the US and around the world. He was also recently named one of the world's top-10 “power mobile influencers” by Forbes, as well as one of Inc. Magazine's top-30 Internet of Things experts.
- This is how desperate retailers are getting because of the supply chain crisis
- iPhone 13 Pro video shows off the most mind-blowing camera feature
- Let’s go, Brandon: The backstory of this Joe Biden meme that’s all over the Internet
- USDA issues urgent meat recall, so throw it away if you have any
- If you bought this soup at Costco, there’s an FDA recall so throw it out