Apple (AAPL) is reportedly hard at work finding ways to finally dump Samsung once and for all as the companies’ rivalry continues to escalate. According to a new report from the Far East, it looks like the first in a series of moves away from Samsung (005930) components is now being made. Digitimes on Thursday reported that TSMC is expected to “tape out” Apple’s upcoming A7 chipset this month using a 20nm process. Risk production will reportedly follow in May or June, and the chipset is expected to appear in commercial products starting next year.
Zach Epstein has worked in and around ICT for more than 15 years, first in marketing and business development with two private telcos, then as a writer and editor covering business news, consumer electronics and telecommunications. Zach’s work has been quoted by countless top news publications in the US and around the world. He was also recently named one of the world's top-10 “power mobile influencers” by Forbes, as well as one of Inc. Magazine's top-30 Internet of Things experts.
- Your fourth stimulus check is going out right now if you live in this state
- New stimulus checks are coming in less than a month – here’s who gets one
- Unreleased MacBook Pro details were just leaked by Apple itself
- 5 MagSafe iPhone chargers on Amazon that cost much less than Apple’s
- AirPods Pro cost less at Amazon right now than AirPods 2 cost from Apple