Apple (AAPL) is reportedly hard at work finding ways to finally dump Samsung once and for all as the companies’ rivalry continues to escalate. According to a new report from the Far East, it looks like the first in a series of moves away from Samsung (005930) components is now being made. Digitimes on Thursday reported that TSMC is expected to “tape out” Apple’s upcoming A7 chipset this month using a 20nm process. Risk production will reportedly follow in May or June, and the chipset is expected to appear in commercial products starting next year.
Zach Epstein has worked in and around ICT for more than 15 years, first in marketing and business development with two private telcos, then as a writer and editor covering business news, consumer electronics and telecommunications. Zach’s work has been quoted by countless top news publications in the US and around the world. He was also recently named one of the world's top-10 “power mobile influencers” by Forbes, as well as one of Inc. Magazine's top-30 Internet of Things experts.
- The IRS is sending out 1.5 million surprise refunds averaging $1,600 – here’s who gets one
- When 75,000 Amazon shoppers rave about a $130 memory foam mattress, you need to check it out
- Google Maps has new widgets on iPhone that you need to try
- ‘Hawkeye’ release date revealed as Marvel gives us an early look at the Disney+ show
- Marvel hero Thanos killed in ‘Infinity War’ might return to the MCU