The smart home is the wave of the future, but sadly very few of our homes were built with automated solutions in mind. If you want a smart home in 2015, you’re going to have to fashion one yourself, but we’ve taken the time to find a few essentials on Amazon that you’ll need in order to make that dream a reality.
Nest Learning Thermostat
- Auto-Schedule – Remembers the temperatures you like and programs itself
- Auto-Away – Saves energy by automatically turning itself down when you’re away
- Remote control – Connect the Nest thermostat to Wi-Fi to control it from your smartphone, laptop or tablet
- Easy install – Most people install the Nest thermostat in 30 minutes or less
August Smart Lock
- Secure – Intelligent, secure access for your home using a smartphone. Never worry about losing your keys again
- Easy Install, Discreet – Replace the interior of your existing deadbolt in 10 minutes; exterior hardware is unchanged
- Total Control – You control who has access to your home and manage how long their access lasts
- Always On – Powered by four AA batteries, so it’s always on; even if your power, Wi-Fi, or cable go down
- Auto Unlock – Senses your approach and unlocks your door for you, without having to reach for your phone
Philips Hue Starter Pack
- Starter pack includes hue bridge and three bulbs
- Control up to 50 bulbs on a single bridge
- Create lighting scenes based on your favorite photos
- Controllable lighting from your smart phone or tablet
- Ships in Retail Packaging
Belkin WeMo Switch
- Turn electronics on or off from anywhere. Perfect for lamps and space heaters!
- You’ve already got everything you need: WeMo works with your existing Wi-Fi router and any Apple iOS (v5 or higher) and Android smartphones and tablets
- Modular system – You can add additional WeMo Switches and WeMo Motion sensors easily, any time. Control as much or as little of your house as you want to.
- Operates over Wi-Fi and mobile internet, at home and away
- Included: WeMo Switch, Electrical Rating120V/15A/60Hz/1800W