Apple on Tuesday unveiled two new, bigger iPhones, just as all the leaks suggested, including the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus. The increase in screen size isn’t the only change coming to the iPhone line, so in what follows you can check out the full set of specs for the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 model.
For the latest breaking news from Apple’s huge event, be sure to check out our event hub!
- Size: 138.1 x 67 x 6.9mm
- Weight: 129g
- 4.7-inch Retina HD LCD LED-backlit display with 1334 x 750 resolution (326ppi) with ion-strenthened glass and 38% more pixels than iPhone 5s
- 64-bit 20-nanometer Apple A8 processor (20% faster CPU, 50% faster graphics)
- second-generation M8 motion coprocessor
- 16/64/128GB of storage
- 8-megapixel camera with True Tone flash, 1.5micron pixels, f/2.2 aperture, digital image stabilization, cinematic video stabilization and continuous autofocus video
- new 1.2-megapixel FaceTime HD camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac and Wi-Fi calling
- 150Mbps LTE support (up to 20 LTE bands and VoLTE)
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor embedded in the Home button
- Battery life (50 hours of audio, 11 hours of video/Wi-Fi browsing, 10 days of standby)
- iOS 8 and Apple Pay support
The iPhone 6 will be available in silver, gold and space gray beginning with September 19 in various countries, with on-contract prices starting at $199 for the 16GB model, $299 for the 64GB version and $399 for the 128GB model. Special Apple-made cases for the new model will also be available to buyers, priced at $45 (leather cases) and $35 (silicone cases).