Is your iPhone or iPad looking a bit barren these days? Do you need some cool apps to help breathe new life into your iOS device? Don’t despair, friends, because we have just what the doctor ordered. Paid iPhone and iPad apps go on sale all the time, and we dig through them all to offer you the most solid selection available. Today, we have four nifty apps for you to check out.
These are paid iPhone and iPad apps that have been made available for free for a limited time by their developers. There is no way to tell how long they will be free. These sales could end an hour from now or a week from now — obviously, the only thing we can guarantee is that they are free at the time this post is published. If you click on a link and see a price listed next to an app instead of the word “free,” it is no longer free. The sale has ended. If you download the app, you will be charged.
Authentic Weather is probably my favorite weather app right now. In terms of functionality and extensive forecast information, this app is absolutely awful. In terms of telling it like it is, this app is perfect.
The current forecast in my home town: “It’s f**king cloudy now. You can look outside to get more information.”
Authentic Weather app is probably the most human & honest weather app out there. Look outside and let Authentic Weather tell you what it really things.
Authentic Weather helps you to express how you feel about the weather in the most authentic and boldest way possible. With the new Camera Mode it’s even easier to share the weather with your friends, in the real, honest way.
Authentic Weather is normally $0.99 but it’s free for a limited time.
Camerabag 2 was included in a post in this series last month but it’s now free again, so if you missed it last time… hurry!
CameraBag 2 is the world’s first hi-fi photo app, featuring a massive number of the highest-quality styles and adjustments in an elegant, minimal interface. Apply styles quickly and adjust infinitely. Download free new styles to your heart’s content from the online Style Library, with new styles added regularly.
Unlike all those lo-fi photo apps, CameraBag 2 is hi-fi, because it’s built on the same 32-bits-per-channel Analog Engine that powers CameraBag 2 for Mac/PC, designed for professional photographers. This means your photos retain their smooth color gradations even when they’re heavily edited.
Once you’ve CameraBagged your photo just how you like it, it’s quick and painless to save your shot or share via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
– Elegant, minimalist interface that supports both one-click styles and fine-tuned adjustments
– Powerful new hi-fi Analog Engine straight from CameraBag 2 for Mac/PC, for unparalleled image quality
– Dozens of free add-on styles available from within the app via the always-growing online Style Library
– Save your own style variations within the app, or load styles custom-made in CameraBag 2 for Mac/PC
– Remix button infinitely changes styles randomly for even more variations (try it on the Lolo style, for example, to get a completely unique light leak)
– A large array of borders and aspect ratios, as well as freehand cropping
– Easy sharing to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and more
Note: CameraBag 2 is recommended for iPhone 4 and up.
This app is usually $1.99 but it’s free for a limited time.
Are you a musician who plays an instrument that needs to be tuned? If so, you absolutely need this app.
insTuner is a chromatic tuner that helps you tune instruments quickly and accurately. It also features a Tone Generator just like a pitch pipe with four different wave forms.
With advanced DSP (Digital Signal Processing) algorithm, it is highly accurate (±1/1000 semitone or ±0.1 cent precision). Rather than providing only one mode like other tuners, insTuner supports different tuning units applicable to different situations, such as Instant Tuning Unit for quick tune and play, Fine and Strobe Units for accurate tuning, FFT Unit for sound analysis etc. What’s more, many advanced features are provided such as Concert A calibration, historical temperaments and transpositions, which make it more powerful than other tuners.
insTuner is well-designed and easy to use. It features a unique “fixed” note wheel, which helps you to find the position of detected pitch easily. You can also use it as an electronic pitch pipe to tune by ear, matching the generated tones.
It is suitable for tuning acoustic or electric guitar and bass, ukulele, mandolin, banjo, bouzouki, bowed strings, woodwinds, brass, timpani and more. In fact, almost any instrument that sustains a tone can be tuned using insTuner. It supports Built-in Microphone as well as Line-in and other audio interface such as Apogee One. Clip Microphone is supported too.
=== FEATURES ===
* Universal App, purchase once, available on all of your iOS devices: iPhone/iPhone5/iPod/iPad.
* Supported both Landscape and Portrait mode
* Precise to ±1/1000 semitone (±0.1 cent)
* Tuning Range from C0 to B8, covering the range of almost all of musical instruments
* Instant Tuning Unit
* Strobe Tuning Unit
* Fine Tuning Unit with a highly responsive tuning meter for perfect tuning
* Historical Curve Unit that shows tuning results over time
* FFT Tuning Unit for frequency analysis with Log, Linear or Note Display options
* Real-time Spectrogram Unit with Log, Linear, Note and Median Frequency Display options for real-time audio analysis
* Well-designed “Fixed” note wheel display
* Adjustable A4 (Concert A) calibration in 0.1 Hz increments
* >30 historical temperaments
* Customizable temperaments
* 12 notations
* Needle damping
* Customizable transposition options for transposing instruments
* Tone generator with four wave forms
* Line-in and Built-in Microphone Modes
* Customizable Input Channels
* Supported Apogee One
insTuner is a good value at $3.99, but it’s an even better value at $0.
Do you love visiting websites but hate the idea of helping to ensure that those websites make enough money to stay in business? Then this is the iOS browser for you.
Weblock allows you to block online content. It can block ads (banners and popups in other apps and websites), statistics, user tracking, scripts or images. It also allows you to block specific websites, like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, social widgets from websites or get rid of annoying Tapatalk popups. You can even define your own content filters. Using Weblock you can block basically any network resource!
Weblock has a constantly growing and updated list of predefined filters for you to choose from. It also enables you to create your own filters. Unlike other content filtering products, Weblock DOES NOT act as a proxy server or subscription based VPN for all your traffic, so your connection stays direct, fast and private!
Weblock will work on any Wi-Fi enabled iOS device, including iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Due to system limitations, Weblock can work only while you are connected to Wi-Fi networks. Data plan connections (GPRS/Edge/3G/LTE) are currently not supported.
Here are some situations in which Weblock might come in handy:
• block annoying ads (text ads, banners and popups) in almost every app you use! (it works with YouTube, Pandora and many, many more…). It’s not limited just to web browsing like in other ad blocking apps.
• disable majority of ads on websites you visit on your iOS device! It doesn’t matter which browser app you use! Weblock works with Safari, Chrome and other browsers (currently not supported: Puffin Browser).
• easily remove all facebook widgets and plugins (Like buttons, comments, etc.) on sites you visit – simply disable facebook plugins in Weblock! Do the same thing for Twitter, Google+ and many others.
• block annoying Tapatalk popups, nagging you to download forum browsing app on every visit, even when you wish to use your browser.
• take control of someone else’s device – you can configure any iOS device Wi-Fi connection to control it with your Weblock app. Disable or enable any content, any time, directly from your own device.
• your predefined filters and custom rules can be synced between all your iOS devices using iCloud.
• if you wish to block something else, you can create your own rules and filters. You can block any URL (with regular expressions), domain or IP address. Don’t know how? Let us know – we’re here for you.
• you can also use Weblock’s redirect feature to emulate /etc/hosts entries for HTTP and HTTPS protocols. This might be useful for web and app developers.
Weblock normally charges $1.99 to help you prevent websites from making money, but it’s free for a limited time.