It’s only Tuesday and this has already been quite a week for mobile software updates. Sling Media is continuing the trend with some solid new updates of its oh-so-great SlingPlayer Mobile application. The lucky platforms? Windows Mobile PocketPC, Windows Mobile Smartphone and Symbian S60. Here are some highlights:
- Added support for additional handsets (Nokia N95 8GB, Samsung i760, Treo 500v and more)
- Improved video streaming quality on select handsets (Sprint HTC Mogul for example)
- Added support for additional set-top box models and improved control on some currently supported models
- Added new channel favorite logos
- A few additional behind the scenes tweaks
Of course the upgrade is free for current SlingPlayer Mobile users so definitely hit the read link to fire up the latest builds. If you have a compatible smartphone and a Slingbox but haven’t made the leap yet, you’ll be happy to know there’s a generous 30-day trial; definitely worth checking out. Also of note, the BlackBerry and Symbian UIQ versions of the player are still under development and are slated for release later this year.