Low-cost tablets like the Google (GOOG) Nexus 7 and Samsung’s (005930) upcoming 7-inch slate are expected to drive tablet shipments to a record 145 million units this year. The estimate comes from ABI Research analyst Jeff Orr, who says increasing enterprise interest will be another catalyst for tablets in 2013. Orr also believes Windows-based tablets will begin to gain steam this year and that North America will remain the world’s top tablet market, responsible for over 50% of global tablet shipments in 2013.
Zach Epstein has worked in and around ICT for more than 15 years, first in marketing and business development with two private telcos, then as a writer and editor covering business news, consumer electronics and telecommunications. Zach’s work has been quoted by countless top news publications in the US and around the world. He was also recently named one of the world's top-10 “power mobile influencers” by Forbes, as well as one of Inc. Magazine's top-30 Internet of Things experts.
- If you have this vegetable in your fridge, throw it out immediately
- This is the Marvel ‘Fantastic Four’ news we’ve been waiting for
- Fourth stimulus check is coming to millions of Americans – here’s who gets one
- There’s a $500 stimulus check you might qualify for, and you had no idea
- Amazon is blowing out Tessan power strips for one day only