Low-cost tablets like the Google (GOOG) Nexus 7 and Samsung’s (005930) upcoming 7-inch slate are expected to drive tablet shipments to a record 145 million units this year. The estimate comes from ABI Research analyst Jeff Orr, who says increasing enterprise interest will be another catalyst for tablets in 2013. Orr also believes Windows-based tablets will begin to gain steam this year and that North America will remain the world’s top tablet market, responsible for over 50% of global tablet shipments in 2013.
Zach Epstein has worked in and around ICT for more than 15 years, first in marketing and business development with two private telcos, then as a writer and editor covering business news, consumer electronics and telecommunications. Zach’s work has been quoted by countless top news publications in the US and around the world. He was also recently named one of the world's top-10 “power mobile influencers” by Forbes, as well as one of Inc. Magazine's top-30 Internet of Things experts.
- The next stimulus check wave is coming next week – here’s who’s getting paid
- Everyone’s talking about this suspenseful Netflix drama that just rocketed to #1
- Google’s time crystal discovery is so big, we can’t fully comprehend it
- 5 home upgrades under $25 that Amazon shoppers are totally obsessed with
- Samsung fans want the company to cancel its #1 best-selling flagship phone