Add ZTE (0763) to the list of manufacturers trying to decrease their dependence on Android by diversifying their mobile portfolios. The company’s executive vice president He Shiyou told The Wall Street Journal on Wednesday that ZTE will launch smartphones with Mozilla’s Firefox OS in the first quarter of 2013, while also confirming that ZTE is planning new Windows Phone 8 smartphones to go on sale later this year. Mozilla revealed plans for its own HTML5-based mobile platform earlier this year and said that initial hardware partners will include ZTE, TCL and Qualcomm (QCOM).
- This is the Marvel ‘Fantastic Four’ news we’ve been waiting for
- If you have this vegetable in your fridge, throw it out immediately
- Fourth stimulus check is coming to millions of Americans – here’s who gets one
- There’s a $500 stimulus check you might qualify for, and you had no idea
- Amazon is blowing out Tessan power strips for one day only
September 21st, 2021
September 20th, 2021