In 2012, Apple’s (AAPL) chief executive will earn about 1% of the compensation he pulled in last year, according to a regulatory filing. The CEO’s compensation will total $4.17 million in 2012, which includes a $1.36 million salary and $2.8 million in compensation related to incentive plans. Last year, the Apple boss was paid $378 million according to Bloomberg, thanks largely to $376.2 million in stock awards that will pay out over a 10-year period. The filing also reveals that CFO Peter Oppenheimer will earn $68.6 million in 2012, including $66.2 million in stock.
Zach Epstein has worked in and around ICT for more than 15 years, first in marketing and business development with two private telcos, then as a writer and editor covering business news, consumer electronics and telecommunications. Zach’s work has been quoted by countless top news publications in the US and around the world. He was also recently named one of the world's top-10 “power mobile influencers” by Forbes, as well as one of Inc. Magazine's top-30 Internet of Things experts.
- 9 amazing iPhone tricks that most people don’t know about
- This gas crater has been on fire for 50 years – now there’s a plan to extinguish it
- Mac & cheese recall affects nearly 200,000 boxes, so check your home now
- Every iPhone and Android user needs to do this once a week
- These 2 popular frozen foods are being pulled from grocery store shelves