Samsung’s (005930) second supersized smartphone is a hit, having sold more than 3 million units in just 37 days. The South Korea-based company announced the milestone earlier this month and now, just over three weeks later, a new milestone has been achieved as global sales of the Galaxy Note II are confirmed to have topped 5 million handsets in just two months. Samsung revealed the new milestone on Monday, though it once again failed to clarify whether the impressive figure refer to channel sales or end-user sales. BGR reviewed the Galaxy Note II in October and we said it was better than its predecessor in almost every way.
Zach Epstein has worked in and around ICT for more than 15 years, first in marketing and business development with two private telcos, then as a writer and editor covering business news, consumer electronics and telecommunications. Zach’s work has been quoted by countless top news publications in the US and around the world. He was also recently named one of the world's top-10 “power mobile influencers” by Forbes, as well as one of Inc. Magazine's top-30 Internet of Things experts.
- Special $1,000 stimulus checks are being sent to certain people – see if you qualify
- Stimulus check update: 2.2 million new payments just went out – will you get one?
- HBO might finally have a new show that can rival the popularity of ‘Game of Thrones’
- Amazon’s hottest smart home gadget is down to $19 today – and you can get a $40 Amazon credit
- This free iPhone app is so incredible, it’s hard to believe it’s real