Earlier this week, Facebook announced that its WhatsApp messenger app now has more than one billion users, an impressive number considering that Facebook Messenger has less than that (over 800 million).
WhatsApp works on all the popular platforms out there, including iPhone, Android and the web, and the app has recently become freeware, as Facebook lifted the previous subscription fee.
While some users may have intimate knowledge of the way WhatsApp works, others might be new to the chat app. If you’re one of them, the following 15 tips and tricks should come in handy.
An infographic created by DBWebSolutions shows some of the more hidden WhatsApp features that can help you get more out of the messaging service:
- Mute group chats and notifications
- Find out who has read your message in a WhatsApp group
- Disable media to save on cellular bandwidth
- Disable Last Seen and Read Receipts blue ticks
- Send a broadcast message
- Backup and restore WhatsApp Messages
- Migrate to a new number
- Change background image
- File types that you can send to contacts
- Blocking contacts
- Profile picture of your contacts
- Adding international contacts
- Explore hotspots around you
- Shortcuts for contacts
- Transfer conversion
These all sound like neat additions to your WhatsApp experience, and many are. How do you go about enabling and disabling them? Check out the detailed infographic below.