Sony Ericsson’s Xperia Play handset hasn’t exactly been a secret, but the journey ends (and begins) today, as it’s finally official. It’s the first Android device to feature Sony’s Playstation Suite gaming app and enviroment, and is scheduled to appear by the end of the year. The Xperia Play runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread and is powered by a 1GHz Snapdragon CPU with 4-inch 480×854 resolution display. There are, of course, the PSP-like game buttons on the slider part of the phone, a front facing camera, 5 megapixel rear camera, 512MB RAM, and a microSD card slot.
Jonathan Geller is the founder of Boy Genius Report, now known as BGR, and one of the biggest tech & mobile destinations in the world.
BGR was acquired by leading digital media company PMC in April 2010 and Jonathan is President and Editor-in-chief of BGR Media, LLC. Jonathan was named to Forbes' coveted 30 under 30 list in 2016, and frequently appears as a commentator on news channels such as CNBC, Fox News, ABC News and Bloomberg.
- Mac & cheese recall affects nearly 200,000 boxes, so check your home now
- These 2 popular frozen foods are being pulled from grocery store shelves
- 5 must-have Amazon finds you’ve probably never even heard of
- Every iPhone and Android user needs to do this once a week
- This hidden iPhone setting warns you when it’s about to snow